HIGH PERFORMANCE LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY Research Technical Services
Ir a contenido
Ir a Estudios, Gobernanza y organización
Research Technical Services
HIGH PERFORMANCE LIQUID CHROMATOGRAPHY
High performance liquid chromatography is one of the most widely used separation techniques due to its versatility and wide field of application. The components of the sample are forced to pass through the chromatographic column where they are separated from one another. The process involves various chemical and/or physical interactions between the molecules of the sample and the packing particles of the column. The resolution of this separation depends on the interaction between the stationary phase and the mobile phase, and can be optimized by selecting the appropriate solvent mixtures and fillers of the column. As a final result, the components of the mixture leave the column separated according to their retention times leading to the chromatogram. Qualitative and quantitative identification of the separated species can be performed using the different detectors available
- Pharmaceutical products: antibiotics, sedatives, steroids, pain relievers
- Biochemistry: amino acids, proteins, carbohydrates, lipids
- Food: artificial sweeteners, antioxidants, additives
- Contaminants: pesticides, herbicides, phenols, PCBs
- Forensic chemistry: drugs, poisons, blood alcohol, narcotics
- Clinical medicine: bile acids, drug metabolites, urine extracts, estrogens.
- Agilent's uHPLC 1260 Infinity Binary LC System:
- Automatic injection
- Binary pump
- Thermostatted column compartment with 2 selectable channels.
- Thermostatted sample compartment.
- Detection systems:
- DAD (Diode Array Detector)
- FLD (Fluorescence Detector)
- RID (Refractive Index Detector)
- Samples have to be delivered properly labelled, packed and conditioned to ensure their identification, integrity and conservation during the transport and guarantee the security of the personnel involved.
- The samples will be provided filtered at least at 0.45 µm.
- The minimum quantity to carry out the analysis is 0.5 ml.
- The standards will be provided in the same conditions than the samples.
- The injection volume range covered by the instrument is from 1 to 50 µl.