THERMOGRAVIMETRY | TG-ATD | TG-MASS SPECTROMETRY |TG-DSC Research Technical Services
Ir a contenido
Ir a Estudios, Gobernanza y organización
Research Technical Services
THERMOGRAVIMETRY | TG-ATD | TG-MASS SPECTROMETRY |TG-DSC
Thermogravimetry (TG) is based on the measurement of the variation of the mass of a sample when it is subjected to a temperature program under a controlled atmosphere. The sample's mass can vary during the course of a reaction by gaining or loosing mass. Thermogravimetry is being very widely used coupled to other techniques such as DTA (Differential Thermal Analysis) or DSC(Differential Scanning Calorimetry), and also EGA (Evolved Gas Analysis). Lately High Resolution Thermogravimetry (HRTG) has received attention. In this technique the heating rate can be varied by software according to the rate of mass variation.
TG-MS hybrid technique allows to simultaneously follow the evolution of the mass of a sample (TG), and the gases evolved or consumed by the sample when it is subjected to a temperature under a controlled atmosphere.
- Decomposition and thermal stability studies.
- Composition studies.
- Purity determination.
- Humidity, volatile matter, ash and fixed carbon content determination.
- Gasification of carbonaceous samples studies.
- Kinetic studies.
- A simultaneous METTLER TOLEDO model TGA/SDTA851and/SF/1100 TG-DTA, capable of working between room temperature and 1100 °C. It presents the software options of HRTG work and kinetic calculations. This apparatus is equipped with a 34 position autosampler.
- A simultaneous TG-DTA coupled to a Mass Spectrometer (TG-DTA-MS), that is working from 2004. The TG-DTA is a TGA/SDTA851and/LF/1600 from METTLER TOLEDO, capable of working between room temperature and 1600 °C. It allows HRTG working mode and realising software kinetic calculations. This apparatus is equipped with a 34 position autosampler. The Mass Spectrometer is a PFEIFFER VACUUM THERMOSTAR GSD301T quadrupole able to measure a range of mass/charge ratios between 1 and 300 which provides the option of quantitative analysis.
- A simultaneous TG-DSC2 marking equipment METTLER-TOLEDO able to work between room temperature and 1400 ° C. TGA-DSC2 team also has an automatic sample changer with capacity for 34 samples.
Co-financed 80% by funds of the P.O. ERDF 2007 / 2013 from Comunitat Valenciana and by 20% by the Generalitat Valenciana
- The samples must be delivered properly labelled, packaged and upgraded to ensure your identification, integrity and conservation during transport and ensure the safety of personnel responsible for performing it.
- The samples must be liquid or solid, must be less than 4 mm particle size.
- It recommends that samples presented a uniform particle size to avoid artifacts. For inorganic materials, it is recommended to grind the samples (unless you want to perform the analysis in certain conditions of particle size).
- The process to analyze must occur between room temperature and 1000 ° C and 1500° C depending on the used equipment.